As followers of the mailing list will know we are now planning to join forces with Creative Commons on the Internet Archive’s Open Library project. Our first step is to develop ‘public domain calculators’ for the different jurisdictions across Europe. Here a calculator is just an algorithm for determining whether a given work is Public Domain. Initially this algorithm can just be in the form of flow-chart, as exemplified by this chart for Canada, but eventually it should end up as code like this.
Total Petition Signatures
- OpenBiblio Principles: 204
- German National Library publishes 11.5 Million MARC records from national bibliography
- Discovery silos vs. the open web
- Minutes: 28th Virtual Meeting of the OKFN Working Group for Open Bibliographic Data
- A revamp of bibserver and bibsoup
- Minutes: 27th Virtual Meeting of the OKFN Working Group for Open Bibliographic Data