Total Petition Signatures
- OpenBiblio Principles: 204
- German National Library publishes 11.5 Million MARC records from national bibliography
- Discovery silos vs. the open web
- Minutes: 28th Virtual Meeting of the OKFN Working Group for Open Bibliographic Data
- A revamp of bibserver and bibsoup
- Minutes: 27th Virtual Meeting of the OKFN Working Group for Open Bibliographic Data
Author Archives: mhholloway
Public Domain Works advises users on the copyright status of a particular track to encourage creators and entrepreneurs to build on cultural history.
Let’s say you want to use, sample or reissue a particular track, whether its Elvis, Elgar or Elmore Judd. Reusing even a fraction of a copyright-protected track (without the express permission of […]
- Cornell University Library keeps reproductions of public domain works in the public domain
- Public Domain Works + The Open Library
- Which works fall into the public domain in 2010?
Last Tuesday 17th April i went to my first Own-It event – ‘Dead or Alive: Whose art work is up for grabs?’ – and was very happy to see a roomful of artists and creative types discussing the ins and … Continue reading
The kindly people at BBC Archives have supplied our project with 1.8 gigs (over 1,000,000 items) of data, which includes, in particular, listing of antique recordings. The exact rights status of this data has yet to be determined, so unfortunately … Continue reading