Total Petition Signatures
- OpenBiblio Principles: 204
- German National Library publishes 11.5 Million MARC records from national bibliography
- Discovery silos vs. the open web
- Minutes: 28th Virtual Meeting of the OKFN Working Group for Open Bibliographic Data
- A revamp of bibserver and bibsoup
- Minutes: 27th Virtual Meeting of the OKFN Working Group for Open Bibliographic Data
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As followers of the mailing list will know we are now planning to join forces with Creative Commons on the Internet Archive’s Open Library project. Our first step is to develop ‘public domain calculators’ for the different jurisdictions across Europe. … Continue reading
Public Domain Works advises users on the copyright status of a particular track to encourage creators and entrepreneurs to build on cultural history.
Let’s say you want to use, sample or reissue a particular track, whether its Elvis, Elgar or Elmore Judd. Reusing even a fraction of a copyright-protected track (without the express permission of […]
- Cornell University Library keeps reproductions of public domain works in the public domain
- Public Domain Works + The Open Library
- Which works fall into the public domain in 2010?
Last Tuesday 17th April i went to my first Own-It event – ‘Dead or Alive: Whose art work is up for grabs?’ – and was very happy to see a roomful of artists and creative types discussing the ins and … Continue reading
We’ve been busy hacking away and as a result we now have some rough statistics: Composers whose works are out of copyright. Of the 1083 composers listed in the data kindly donated to us by Philip Harper we estimate that, … Continue reading