During the sprint last week we made a lot of progress with the new functionality for version 0.5.0 – however, Etienne and I got so excited by some new ideas that we did not finish on time; apologies for the delay.
We will be making the new version available over the course of this week, and will have it up and running on http://bibsoup.net soon.
Below is an overview of the new functionality you can expect to see over the course of the next week; we will write some blog posts about the various new capabilities, and this will tie in with the focus of the next sprint – doing docs, tests and issues (no new functionality).
- editing of records and collections
- merging collections from multiple sources
- adding notes to records
- much improved search UI
- embed images in search results
- better visualisation of collections
- asynchronous parsing – you don’t have to hang on the page waiting for it to complete
- feedback tickets from asynchronous parses
- sharing collection admin rights with other users
- new parser for NLM XML
- new parser concept – search term gets pages from wikipedia, pulls citations from pages
- capability to accept and run parsers written in different programming languages
- browse site users